Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Just another day .... or not

I found out yesterday that one of my new employees (B has been with me for about two months) has a teenage daughter with leukemia. Her daughter has had it for a couple of years and was in remission but then has had a relapse. In two months of talking about our kids, she has never mentioned this and I totally respect that she has chosen to keep this to herself. She moved awy from her family because her husband wanted to come to Texas. She is having a hard time learning the work but I admire her for her ability to come to work everyday and try.

Not that anyone cares and I'm sure you haven't noticed, but the Dallas Mavs choked in the championship games. They started off good but blew it bad. Too bad, I always like it when a Texas team wins any championship even if I can't stand the sport.

We were doing some video goodbyes for someone who is leaving the company. After seeing myself on the computer, I realized I must lose weight. I guess I need to find an affordable treadmill to put in my bedroom. With J's schedule, it is the only way I can see getting a way to exercise.

J got the chance to be a hero last night. The twins had a field trip and I didn't find out until last night that they were to wear bathing suits under their clothes for some water play while at the zoo. I thought I could find their bathing suits at home but after we got home, I found I was wrong. I didn't want to drive 30 miles round trip to Wally World so I told them they would have to make do with shorts (plus KB said that her two piece was inappropriate at their church day care). Well J called on his home from school and said he would stop and take care of it. They were so thrilled when they woke up this morning to find new bathing suits. With as much as he is gone these days, he doesn't get many chances to be a hero.

No comments: