Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bizarre dreams

All my life I have had periodic dreams where I'm in someone else's life. No, I don't think I have experiences like the show Medium. Most of mine are just slices of ordinary lives, just not my own. The dreams are extremely detailed and stay with me longer than regular dreams.

Last night's was not a slice of an ordinary life but brought to me the knowledge that this is just an active imagination because if last night's dream really happened, it would be major headlines, at least for a few days. It is weird to realize that these dreams are just imagination pieces because they have always felt so real to me. This one felt so real. I knew the history about the people without seeing it. I was so heavily invested in what happened in this one that I'm actually sick today and planning on going back to bed to get some real rest. It is funny but I didn't get names in this one but usually I have names for everyone, including my name.

The history behind this dream was that my friends had been on some reality show. I don't know the whole premise behind it but it was a matchmaking one. At the end there had been this really beautiful woman, a drop dead gorgeous man (Nick), a dumpy woman and a dork guy. Well the show had been edited so that the beautiful people looked like they were going to hook up. But in truth Nick had fallen in love with the dumpy woman. So the show had their big shocker when he announced he was asking dumpy woman to marry him. Beautiful woman marries dork in a double ceremony but their marriage isn't as good and it was obvious.

The dream takes place a year later. I'm a friend and I'm going over to Nick's and his wife's house to help get ready for an anniversary party. She was nervous because they are getting a little media attention because she has just had a baby and I had said I would help her with all the details. I get there and chaos is all around. Beautiful woman had come over to help and actually went and drowned the baby, put him back in his bed still dripping wet and then tried to drown the mom. I arrive before the police, paramedics and all. I'm trying to help the mom out of the tub who is in shock and hyperthermia, I can see that the baby is dead and Nick is trying to kill beautiful woman who thinks this is her ticket to getting Nick like she should have all along.

I helped with everything until everyone is gone but Nick who is in such a state he can't ever get up to go to the hospital to be with his wife. He is blaming himself, that he shouldn't gone along with the show producers to make it look like he liked the pretty woman. I'm trying to console him but the grief is huge for both of us. Even now, typing this, the sight of the baby is making me sick all over again.

Like I said earlier, obviously this did not happen because the media would be nuts on it. But it was such a realistic dream that I can't shake it. I don't feel like I rested and I need to go back to sleep but honestly I'm scared because sometimes these dreams continue.


Just call me nuts.

No comments: